PARR FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS, INC.
31 AUG 2018
Why do we request your personal information?
We collect information about you for identification purposes, to protect and administer your records and accounts, to help us design or improve our services, to understand your financial needs, and to comply with certain laws and regulations. We collect and maintain your personal information so that we can provide financial advice and investment management and other services to you.
How do we gather your personal information?
We collect your personal information when you:
- Contact us through our website
- Contact us by telephone, or through mail or e-mail correspondence
- Complete our initial meeting consultation form
- Meet or participate in a video-conference with us
- Open an account
- Deposit funds
- Provide financial data required for the development of a personal financial plan
- Provide account information for analysis or investment management services
What personal information do we collect?
The types of information we may collect and maintain about you include:
- Information we receive from you to open an account and provide services (such as your address of record, birthdate, Social Security number, telephone, financial information, and investment objectives.)
- Information we generate to service your account or obtain from our transactions with you (such as account statements and other financial information).
- Information on your transactions with nonaffiliated third parties.
Our website may use “cookies” or other similar web tools to enhance your web experience that may also contain links to other websites, applications and services maintained by third parties. These tools enable us to recognize you when you return to our site, maintain your web session while you browse, as well as help us provide you with a better, more personalized experience at our firm.
Certain pages of our website contain forms that allow you to request information about our products and services. Our website also allows you to request support or ask us to update our records. In completing a form, you may provide us with contact information such as your name, email address and phone number. By submitting a form, you indicate your consent for Parr Financial Solutions Inc. to use this information. We may use the information in the forms to respond to your request and update our records so that future communication with you is accurate and appropriate.
How do we protect your personal information?
We take the security of your information very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural controls to safeguard client records. We have established practices that limit employee and 3rd party service provider access to information on a “need-to-know” business reason for accessing such information. We educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy and take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce employee responsibilities regarding client information. While we follow generally accepted standards to protect personal data, no method of storage or data transmission is 100% secure.
How long is your data retained by our company and why?
Our record retention policy adheres to requirements established by the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 requiring a holding period of not less than five years from the end of the fiscal year during which the record was made.
Who do we share your personal data with?
The primary ways we may disclose your personal information, so we may provide financial and investment management services to you are:
- When requested or authorized by you.
- Disclosures to nonaffiliated companies as permitted by law, including those who help us service your account
- Responding to a subpoena or other legal proceedings
- Other limited disclosures as permitted by law; for example, required reports to government entities
- If you terminate your relationship with us, we will continue to adhere to our privacy policies and practices.
Who has access to your personal data?
Third parties we use to provide support services are not permitted to use information about our clients for their own purposes. Nonaffiliated parties are contractually obligated to use such information only to perform the services we request and to otherwise maintain strict confidentiality of such information. We will never rent or sell your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
What information may we disclose about you?
Sometimes it may be necessary for us to discuss financial matters on your behalf with other professionals on your team such as your estate attorney, CPA, insurance specialist, or other financial service companies. When the need arises, we will ask for your permission.
How can I opt-out of communications from Parr Financial Solutions Inc.?
Please contact us if you would like to opt-out of further communications from our firm. We will respect your privacy and remove you from our distribution list.
Christopher P. Parr, CFP®
President and Chief Data Protection Officer